David suffered a deeply abusive childhood at the hands of his alcoholic mother and aged stepfather. He went off the rails at 16. He started burgling shops, attempted suicide twice, nearly killed a police officer one night, received a criminal conviction and was expelled from school. He turned his life around and after a series of dead-end jobs, joined the Fire Service at 20. He loved the job but struggled with studying. Aged 27, he bought a book on memory to help him pass his exams. Just 8 months later, he went to the World Memory Championships and came 4th. He has since gone on to develop one of the most powerful memories in history including breaking a Guinness record for memorising and reciting the Maths formula Pi to 22,500 digits.
David Thomas motivational speaker, Sunday Times #1 bestselling author and media personality, even appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show that went out to 500 million people worldwide.
His inspirational story is a triumph of success over terrible adversity. He is the epitome of resilience, determination and application. His motivational keynote is perfect for business events because he shares his methods that have made him a world class exponent in his field. These are the main themes:
• Forget the why; only focus on HOW
• Success does not have to be a spectator sport
• The more responsibility you take, the better your life will be
• Someone has to be at the top of the tree – think BIG and it will be you
• World memory record holder for memorising and reciting 100 packs of playing cards
• International Grandmaster of Memory
• 2007 US Memory Champion
• Guinness record breaker for reciting Pi to 22,500 digits
• US memory record breaker for memorising 160 digits in 5 mins
Sunday Times No.1 bestselling author
• Written three books published worldwide with a readership of more than 1 million
• Second book went No.1 in The Sunday Times bestseller list
• 500+ media appearances in 149 countries including going on The Oprah Winfrey Show
• BBC World Service, Wall Street Journal, London Times, many international publications
David Thomas memory expert and Inspirational speaker at Great British Speakers
• 20 years in 21 countries and 40 states in the USA
• Venues include the Tower of London, Caesars Palace and Harvard Club, NYC
• Audiences include CEOs, fire-fighters, sales staff, Olympic athletes, even blind business people!
• Voted Speaker Hall of Fame by the Academy for Chief Executives
It’s not the cards you are dealt in life but the way that you play them
David’s motivational keynote speech on how to manage change and challenge. Suitable for high performing teams, leadership groups and sales people
Grow Your Brain, Grow Your Potential
David delivers masterclasses on brain training – Speed Reading, Mind Mapping and Memory Improvement – that smash self-limiting beliefs and leave delegates with a set of skills that improve productivity, help manage time better and make them more personally effective. Suitable for all teams that want to sell more, be more impactful in front of others and manage more effectively.